AeroEdge Co., Ltd. (Ashikaga City, Tochigi, President and CEO: Jun Morinishi) announced today it has concluded in September 2019, a contract with National Institute for Materials Science (*)(Tsukuba City, Ibaraki, President: Kazuhito Hashimoto, referred as NIMS) to research and develop sophisticated titanium aluminum (TiAl) alloys for jet engines.
TiAl alloy is an expected lightweight material for the industries including aerospace, automotive and energy. It has already been applied to turbine blades in civil jet engines and this trend is expected to continue. AeroEdge invests its resources in the project to develop the low cost and high performance TiAl alloy with NIMS to respond to the market demand.
AeroEdge was founded in 2016 in in Ashikaga, Tochigi Prefecture, to focus on mass production of aircraft engine parts in accordance with the long-term agreement with a French aerospace giant, Safran Aircraft Engines, which manufactures the next generation aircraft engine, ”LEAP.”
We’re striving to respond to any need of manufacturing solution and any change of business environment in order to keep our technical and competitive edges.
AeroEdge is trying to maximize autonomy and creativity working with enthusiasm toward innovative achievements that have never been done before. Our mission statement “Create one from zero” is the basics to create new value in the world and contribute to happiness of the people.
*National Institute for Materials Science(NIMS)
AeroEdge Co., Ltd. Administration Div.
Phone:+81 284 22 3125
- Face shields made by AeroEdge donated to the city of Ashikaga.
- AeroEdge to Raise New Capital -Reinforcing partnership with DMG MORI-
- AeroEdge appeared in the Nihon Butsuryu Shinbun (Date: 2020/3/10)
- AeroEdge appeared in the Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun (Date: 2020/2/21)
- AeroEdge to Conduct Collaborative Research Project with National Institute for Materials Science ―Developing sophisticated TiAl alloys―